My wife brought two (of the 77 sold) Grab One vouchers from In Colour, Rotorua on February 23, 2012 titled:
$69 for 3 Hours of Preparation & Painting or Wallpapering with In Color, Rotorua (value $155)
Here is the breakdown of what followed:
- First phone call/message, nobody bothered to return my call.
- Second attempt, told Shane would return my call during the weekend (nothing)
- Shane phoned and came to inspect the job, and we were told to contact his wife or partner Rachel when we had finished stripping the wallpaper. He also said he would email us some product names (eg sealer) and also a special additional hourly rate for Grab One customers. To date, we’ve never received any email from him.
- We tried texting and phoning Shane & Rachel multiple times, and again, no-one returned our calls.
- We let approx 10 days go by then tried again and got hold of Rachel. She was extremely rude and kept saying “it’s not my problem“. All we were trying to do was tell them we had finished stripping the wallpaper (like Shane asked) and when roughly could they fit us in. Rachel said Shane would ring us later that night. We said that was not good enough, as we were sick and tired of my calls not ever being returned. Shane must have been sitting next to her as she put him on the phone. He said we were pencilled in for Thursday 5th april and he would be there 9am.
- On the morning of Thursday 5th at 7:30am Shane rang and had to cancel as there was someone in Whakatane hospital he had to go and see. Shane said he would do the job over Easter weekend if he could. Failing that he would be here first thing Tuesday morning.
- Tuesday morning came and went. Once again he has let us down and hasn’t turned up or even bothered phoning.
Our job involved our 2 young children’s bedrooms. We totally cleared out their rooms on Wednesday 4th April in preparation for Shane to come the following morning. So, to date, our children have had no bedrooms to play in and have been sleeping in our lounge for 7 nights now. Shane was well aware of this situation too, which makes his absence all the more appalling.
We no longer want to deal with Shane, Rachel or anyone from In Colour. Over the last few weeks, they have shown to be rude, unreliable and extremely unprofessional. Our household has undergone a huge upheaval all for nothing and all we want now is a full refund!
Anyone else care to share their experience with In Colour, Rotorua regarding their Grab One promotion? Everyone we’ve spoken to who brought these vouchers has had a similar experience dealing with Shane & Rachel from In Colour, Rotorua.
Please share this link with everyone you know who’s had the same level of appalling service from Rachel Stone and Shane from In Colour, Rotorua.