So looks like we can confirm that the Gizmodo exclusive prototype iPhone that was lost in a bar in California is indeed the next model iPhone to sweep the world.
Main new features of the updated iPhone
- Brand new design: A forged stainless steel band sandwiched between two sides of engineered aluminosilicate glass makes for an incredibly thin, refined design. At 9.3 mm thin, it makes it the world’s thinnest smartphone.
- FaceTime: A front facing camera for video calling that you can switch to rear facing to show your caller what you are seeing.
- 5MP Camera: 5 mega pixel camera with LED Flash (up from 3MP on the 3GS)
- Retina Display: The highest resolution screen in a mobile device 960×640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- HD Video: 720p HD video recording and the ability to edit those clips with the new iMovie App featuring Apple-designed themes, titles and transitions. iMovie App release date TBA.
- Built-in three-axis gyroscope: Capable of advanced motion sensing such as user acceleration, angular velocity, and rotation rate.
New features coming out in the latest iOS4
- Folders for Apps: A fabulous way to group similar apps into a single folder allowing you to have up to 2,160 apps on your phone!
- Multi-tasking: Finally the ability to seamlessly switch between running apps without having to close them down and return to the home screen.
- 5x Digital Zoom: To get closer to the action.
- iBooks: The Store that was introduced with the iPad now syncs to your iPhone.
- Home screen wallpaper: Customise the look of your home screen with your own graphic or photo.
- Wireless keyboard support: Ease of writing long amounts of text by pairing a Bluetooth enabled Keyboard to your iPhone.
Apple iPhone 4 Design Video