So the family and I were off to Hamilton today for a birthday and xmas shop for all of Joshuas’ cousins. I was on the look out for a new scooter to get around in Rotorua.
After selling Kims’ Honda Prelude last Monday over Trademe, it was time for another two wheeled powered motorcycle. But because I didn’t think I could of got a decent (smart) second hand motorcycle for $2500, I decided a scooter would be wicked buzz to own.
After test riding a Vmoto Monaco 125 and a Suzuki UZ 125, I was much more impressed with the performance and handling of the Suzuki, which didn’t surprise me, after all I have a bias towards Suzuki after owning two Suzuki GSXR 750’s in the past (1988 J & 1998 WN)
A bit of a step down I must admit from a 750cc Sport Bike, but I was surprised upon our 100+ km journey home to be cruzing along at 100 km/h (just). I wont be making any long journeys on it like that again in a hurry. It’s going to be the bees knees for blasting around town though. It’s pretty quick off the line and the exhaust note sounds pretty sweet too, quite throaty, especially under engine braking.
This scooter comes packed with features:
- Powerful fuel-injected single cylinder four-stroke motor with automatic CVT drive. Just twist and go.
- Easy push-button electric start with kick-start back up.
- Built-in audible anti theft alarm linked to key operated steering lock mechanism.
- Front glove box and locking helmet hook.
- A shutter over the keyhole also prevents tampering and theft.
- Large under-seat storage will hold most full size helmets.
- 12 volt under-seat power outlet for charging cellphones.
Bore x stroke: 53.5mm x 55.2mm
Compression ratio: 10.0:1
Starter system: Electric & kick-start
Cooling system: Forced air cooling
Transmission: Stepless, V-belt automatic
Overall length: 1,750mm
Overall width: 635mm
Overall height: 1,030mm
Ground clearance: 120mm
Dry weight: 94kg
Suspension front: Telescopic fork
Suspension rear: Swingarm, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes front: 220mm Disc
Brakes rear: 130mm drum
Tyres front: 90/90-10 50J
Tyres rear: 100/90-10 56J
Ignition type: CDI/Battery
Fuel tank: 6.0 litres
Listen to it Startup…